Choosing a Cambridge carpenter can be tricky – there are many of them in the area and they all claim that they are the best at what they do. You cannot afford to go with the first one that you come across because there is a chance that your carpentry project will not come out right. Here is what you should take into account:
• Find out how much experience they have in the kind of project you plan to have done. Find one who has at least 5 years of experience. That gives them enough time to not only learn how to do the job properly but also to invest in the right equipment.
• Make sure that you hire a carpenter who has a good reputation. Go online and find out if they have had any negative reviews. If you find more than 2 or 3 look for a different carpenter.
• Before they get started you need to agree on terms of the contract. Get a written quote so that they cannot add unexpected costs along the way. Find out how long the job is going to take and what will happen should they not complete it in time.
• Hire a carpenter who works with only top quality wood. They should be able to provide all the materials themselves.
• Good carpenters never ask for more than 30% in advance. That is enough for them to buy materials to get the job done.
• Make sure that the carpenter is insured and bonded – should they get hurt on your property you may be held liable.
ALN Carpentry and Joinery Ltd. is one Cambridge carpenter that comes highly recommended. They have many years of experience in different areas of carpentry and you can rely on them for top quality work that is done in a short time.